[pf4freebsd] Re: RELENG_5 and carp patches

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Wed Sep 15 21:15:27 PDT 2004

On Tuesday 14 September 2004 23:22, Bruno Afonso wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to play with CARP, by applying the carp patch
> (20040823-carp.RELENG_5.diff) to RELENG_5. The patch applies cleanly but
> I can't get it to successfully compile the kernel. I can build world
> with the patch applied.
>
> Any successful stories? :)

There is an issue with building kernels w/o "device carp", but ... I really
don't have free time for this *right now* ... I will return to it *after*
5.3R is done and out. I hope it has been clear that CARP will not be part of
5.3R!

Please allow me to hunt down the remaining pf and ALTQ issues now.

I'll return to CARP after the release is done - for sure!

/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier at freebsd.org