[pf4freebsd] altq activation problem

Aurelien beorn Rougemont beorn at ligarena.com
Wed Sep 15 21:14:52 PDT 2004

Hello,

I've been running FreeBSD 5.3beta1,2,3 and now 4 and I am still having
the same problem. I've read on some mailing list that you were aware of
this. When I am applying a pf.conf with : pf -f /path/pfnoaltq.conf it's
ok, but if i want to reactivate altq with pf -f /path/pfwithaltq.conf
the altq module seems to remain shutted down (no packets detected in
pftop or in pfctl -v -s queue).

I've had to make a little workaround script to bypass this (let's dare!)
bug. i've had to do:

#!/bin/sh
$pfctl=/sbin/pfctl

$pfctl -d
$pfctl -ef $1

Well, i thought it would be good to let you know about this bug as you
wrote earlier.

Aurélien "beorn" Rougemont