[pf4freebsd] Re: INET6

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Wed Sep 15 21:14:37 PDT 2004

On Sunday 12 September 2004 21:56, phusion wrote:
> I'm thinking about installing the pf port onto my FreeBSD 5.2.1
> machine. My current kernel has INET only. I was wondering if I will
> need to add INET6 to my kernel to get pf to work properly. Let me
> know. Thanks.

It should be enough to compile the port with "NOINET6" defined. For instance
by putting "NOINET6=yes" in your make.conf

Other than that I'd like to advice you to try moving to RELENG_5 and help with
the final testing for the release in October.

You get pf *and* ALTQ out of the box there and don't have to apply patches or
the like. ;)

/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier at freebsd.org