[pf4freebsd] Re: ALTQ not enabled at boot

Amir Shalem amir at boom.org.il
Wed Sep 15 21:08:00 PDT 2004

starting pf before netif isn't good, this what happens on my machine:

Enabling pf.
/etc/pf.conf:26: interface tun0 doesn't exist
no IP address found for fxp0:network
/etc/pf.conf:35: could not parse host specification
no IP address found for fxp0:network
/etc/pf.conf:61: could not parse host specification
no IP address found for fxp0:network
/etc/pf.conf:62: could not parse host specification
pfctl: Syntax error in config file: pf rules not loaded
pf enabled
fxp0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500

as you can see there are two errors here:
one fxp0 wasn't defined.
second tun0 wasn't created by ppp yet.

thanks,
amir.