[pf4freebsd] rl0 driver does not support altq

Mario Doria mariodoria at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 21:05:49 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I am getting this error while loading my pf/altq ruleset:

pfctl: rl0: driver does not support altq

I thought the rl driver had support, as I read it on the bottom of the page
http://people.freebsd.org/~mlaier.

I've built a kernel, sources from June 17, with the following:

# PF
device          pf              # required
device          pflog           # optional
device          pfsync          # optional
# ALTQ
options         ALTQ
options         ALTQ_CBQ
options         ALTQ_RED
options         ALTQ_RIO
options         ALTQ_HFSC
options         ALTQ_CDNR
options         ALTQ_PRIQ

The kernel built OK, so I guess that I need to apply a diff for the rl driver
to work with altq.

What can I do? Can anyone help?

Mario