[pf4freebsd] Re: Maturity of this port?

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Wed Sep 15 21:04:18 PDT 2004

On Tuesday 25 May 2004 08:09, Ryan Verner wrote:
> Do update the webpage; I found the commit in freebsd's cvs tree

Ya, that's a weak spot. I dislike (read hate) HTML with a passion and just
hacked the "pf homepage" together to have something. No actual maintaining
ever since. I really have to do something about it.

<...>
> I can certainly test it on my own connections, but I'm looking to
> replace production-use OpenBSD shapers, and any downtime is a big no-no
> (in short, wireless ISP, many customers).  I think I'll look further
> into this project for my intended task once ALTQ matures and reaches the
> base system; any idea how long that would be?

That depends largely on how much (positive) feeback I get on the patches. I
have limited testing capabilities and won't release this untested to the
world. If I get some promising results *soon* - including successful tests on
SMP boxes and possibly GigE NICs (just ask me to mod' the drivers if you
can't to it yourself) - I will try to get it in before 5.3R. The import of pf
3.5 will happen before 5.3R in any case.

Best regards,				| mlaier at freebsd.org
Max Laier				| ICQ #67774661
http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/	| mlaier at EFnet