[pf4freebsd] Re: Problem with ftp-proxy.

Kelsey Cummings kgc at microshaft.org
Wed Sep 15 20:58:44 PDT 2004

Bruno Afonso wrote:

>Kelsey Cummings wrote:
>

>>Gregory P. Smith wrote:
>>

>>>These are my rules that work for ftp proxy on my nat+firewall system.
>>>

>>Just out of curiosity, anyone have the FTP proxy working on a bridgemode
>>firewall?  I *just can't* get it to work right, even on  my OpenBSD
>>firewall.
>>

>If you're bridging, you do not have ips, so it does not make sense to
>use a proxy.

I should probably clarify that it's bridging and routing.

I have a /29 briged and a /28 routed via my DSL circuit.  Strange, but I
work for the ISP that I get the service from.

The reasons for having this is that my workstations go on the bridged
IPs to allow for Multicast reception, sourcing on them.  I've yet to
find a IGMP proxy for unix that is functional, otherwise everything
would live on the routed block.  (Which right now is unused.)

The 'wan' IP of my firewall is the first of the bridged IPs bound to
dc0, my workstation, the second, out dc1 via bridge group of dc0 and dc1

I'd hoped to be able to use the ftp proxy from my workstations so as to
not have to open the backchannels, etc.

-K