[pf4freebsd] Re: Problem with pf and ng0 interface.

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Wed Sep 15 20:58:09 PDT 2004

> > pass in quick on { rl0,rl2,ng0 } proto tcp from $myIP to any keep state
> >
> > If i try to load pf.conf with this rule, when mpd is not active, pf
> > give me a syntax error:
> >
> > /usr/local/etc/pf.conf:14: unknow interface ng0
> >
> > How can I load pf.conf also without have mpd program loaded?
> >
> > Because I don't want load mpd at boot each time.

woops ... almost forgot, OpenBSD introduced interface cloning lately so this
issue might come up there as well.

Is it possible that we see a work-around for not-yet created interfaces in
OpenBSD, anytime - soon?

I didn't think about this to the end ... but it would not hurt (too much) to
have rules for non-existent interfaces. As long as they are not used in
route-to context that is.

Comments? (CC'ed to the "real" pf list)

Best regards,				| max at love2party.net
Max Laier				| ICQ #67774661