[pf4freebsd] nfsd send error 1 probably caused by pf ?

Florian C. Smeets flo at kasimir.com
Wed Sep 15 20:55:43 PDT 2004

Hi all,

i think there is a problem with with pf and using nfs. When i have pf
enabled on the nfs-server i get a lot of these messages

Nov 12 19:38:57 bender kernel: nfsd send error 1
Nov 12 19:46:27 bender last message repeated 68 times
Nov 12 19:56:10 bender last message repeated 5 times
Nov 12 20:08:40 bender last message repeated 120 times

for example when building world over nfs. It doesn't cause any
corruption as far as i can tell. I have been getting these messages
for about 2 or 3 months and just didn't recognize that pf it probably
causing it. I'm alwas running current with the latest pf. I had pf
disabled for the last about 10 days and didn't get any of these
messages. Today i build version 2.00, enabled it, build world over nfs
and bang there it was again. I don't really know how to debug this
further. So any hints are appreciated.

Regards,
flo