[pf4freebsd] What to do with the FreeBSD port security/pf?

Will Andrews will at csociety.org
Wed Sep 15 20:49:16 PDT 2004

[Please Cc: me as I am not subscribed.]

Hello,

I understand from several people that the port is using an
outdated version of the pf port (1.0 vs. 1.63).  Since this
version is essentially broken, it seems to me that one of two
things should happen:

	1) Remove the port.
	2) Update the port.

I also understand that the pf4freebsd effort is trying to get the
pf code in the base system.  That's great, but what about people
who'd like to use it now?

Such as myself.  I could follow the directions at:

	https://solarflux.org/pf/pf+altq-fbsd51.php

but, hey, why not save everyone else the trouble?  I volunteer to
upgrade & commit said upgrade for the pf port.

Or I'll remove it if you prefer that approach.  Or not?

Thanks for your effort, in any case.  :)

Regards,
--
wca