[pf4freebsd] Re: Bridging?

Alan Bryan alan at precisionautobody.com
Wed Sep 15 20:47:00 PDT 2004

Thanks for the quick response!

Here's a bit more info:

FreeBSD 5.1 Release.
Rebuilt Kernel with:

options BRIDGE
options PFIL_HOOKS
options RANDOM_IP_ID
options INET6

my /etc/sysctl.conf has:

net.link.ether.bridge_cfg=dc0, dc1
net.link.ether.bridge_ipf=1
net.link.ether.bridge=1

No IPs are assigned to either NIC

My /usr/local/etc/pf.conf:

block log

When I do all of that I get a working bridge but it doesn't block anything
except some port 137 broadcast packets (by watching pftcpdump results as
recommended).  I can still ping through the bridge both directions and
connect via ssh through the bridge.

Given the above config shouldn't everything be blocked?  Does anyone see
something I've done wrong or omitted?

Thanks,
Alan