[pf4freebsd] Re: pf 1.59 and ALTQ install trouble

Hendrik Scholz hscholz at raisdorf.net
Wed Sep 15 20:42:39 PDT 2004

Hi!

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 07:44:07AM -0700, cipherbk wrote:
> link_elf: symbol altq_lookup undefined
> link_elf: symbol altq_lookup undefined
> KLD pf.ko: depends on pfaltq - not available

This looks like a dependency problem.
$ strings /boot/kernel/kernel|grep -c altq_lookup
should return a value >0 (1 in my case) as this function is in the
kernel itself.
Since misc. pf modules need functions implemented in other modules the
modules have to be loaded in a certain order:
- pflog.ko
- pfsync.ko
- pfaltq.ko
- pf.ko

IIRC this is the order given in the README file.

In your situation the kernel itself is missing ALTQ support thus
preventing pfaltq.ko (and thus pf.ko) to load.

Hendrik

--
Hendrik Scholz - <hscholz at raisdorf.net> - http://raisdorf.net/

drag me, drop me - treat me like an object