[pf4freebsd] Release 1.0 with a port proposal

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Wed Sep 15 20:38:38 PDT 2004

Hello,

after we got ahead of ourselfs with the latest improvements to the cksum
validation in versions 0.62 and 0.63 we decided to release an official 1.0
before we release more untested code. That is why what you will find as
version 1.0 on the homepage is mostly what was 0.61 before. Of course we did
include all bugfixes and the optimized in4_cksum which we tested ourselfs.
Version 1.0 has a bit modified Makefiles to avoid extensive patching when
building a port. Check out the release notes:
http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/release.html to learn more details on that.

We will submit the port proposal found at:
http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/pf_port.tar.gz after some feedback from
your side. Tell us if it worked for you and if you are happy with the way
things are done there. We need your feedback! Testing on -Current is most
important at the moment!
We hope that it'll be possible to get the port to the port-tree before 5.1
is officially released.

Thanks for your testing and feedback
    Max