rdr to another machine and back

Lawrence Farr freebsd-isp at epcdirect.co.uk
Wed Oct 27 06:57:23 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to work out how to get a gateway machine
to send all http requests to a separate machine and
get them back, network looks like this:

   internet

    router-----------http_proxy
	|			|
	|			|
	----internal-------

So the router has 3 interfaces, one to the outside
world, one externally available network and one
internal. The proxy has 2 interfaces one to internal
and one externally available. I can redirect port 80
to a proxy on the router without any issue, but want
to send them to the separate proxy machine. Has anyone
done this, or does anyone know of a howto?

Many thanks

Lawrence Farr