pfS ftp-proxy binding to 127.0.0.1

Didier Wiroth didier.wiroth at mcesr.etat.lu
Tue Dec 21 17:55:09 PST 2004

HI,
I'm still trying openbsd and freebsd.

I'm setting a pppoe router , using pf and ftp-proxy.
On openbsd you can bind ftp-proxy to the localhost address, openbsd's ftp-proxy only listens to 127.0.0.1 like this:
127.0.0.1:8021

On freebsd it listens on all ip addresses, here is the result of sockstat:
root     inetd      750   4  tcp4   *:8021                *:*

 I do understand that I can explicitly add a pf rule to deny or  allow access to the proxy but to enforce security  is it possible to bind ftp-proxy so that it only listens to the localhost.

thx
didier