PF and custom kernel

Jay jay at meangrape.com
Wed Dec 8 20:27:40 PST 2004

Hi, Jayel,

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 02:12:52PM +1100, Jayel Villamin wrote:
> I guess what I'm trying to find out are the other options/devices
> needed so that I can compile in  pf into the kernel. I'm don't really
> care much for the error cause it's probably due to a missing
> option/device.
Actually, the error could be caused by any number of things.  Since we
don't know what the complete error message is, there's no way to say
what is causing it.  Your assumption that it's "probably due to a
missing option/device" may or may not be true.

> ps. it'll be a bit hard posting the "complete" error since I am using
> the console (X is not installed at all) to compile this. I am "not
> sure" if I can copy and paste from the console.
Finally, it's quite possible to write down the error message on paper
and type it back in.  If you want help, you have to provide the complete
error message.  If you're not going to do that, no one can help you.

Jay.