PF and custom kernel

Jay jay at meangrape.com
Wed Dec 8 17:04:18 PST 2004

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 11:41:21AM +1100, Jayel Villamin wrote:
> I then run cd /usr/src && make buildkernel
> KERNEL="customer_kernel_file_here" and it's producing a error which
> seems to be related to ipf. I got the impression it's related to ipf
> 'cause the file where the error occured starts like "ip_".
An accurate and complete copy of the error message would be a good
start.

You should probably try "make buildkernel KERNCONF=" instead of "make
buildkernel KERNEL=" (see /usr/src/UPDATING).

Try "make buildkernel KERNCONF='whatever' | tee /tmp/buildkernel.log".
That will show you all of the output on the screen while saving it to a
log file.  If the build blows up, you can go to /tmp/buildkernel.log and
extract the text of the error.

Hope this helps.
Jay.