p5-DBD-mysql

Greg Kennedy kennedy.greg at gmail.com
Mon May 27 07:39:26 UTC 2019

Hello there.

I'm trying to use p5-DBD-mysql with mysql-client on FreeBSD.  The package
for p5-DBD-mysql is tied to a particular version of mysql - by default,
this is still 5.6.  That's very old and MySQL clients for 5.7 and 8.0 are
available now and have been for many years.

I understand *why* this is set up the way it is, and I do maintain a port
of p5-DBD-mysql on my system to match my installed version of MySQL (8.0).
But my question is: is there some other way this could be managed that is
easier?  Maybe the p5-DBD-mysql package could be split into multiple,
version-specific packages instead?

-Greg