Perl 5.18.4_10 Failed to update

Scott Loga cres24 at mac.com
Thu Dec 18 14:06:16 UTC 2014

> On Dec 18, 2014, at 04:45, Mathieu Arnold <mat at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>

> +--On 17 décembre 2014 19:38:11 -0600 Scott Loga <cres24 at mac.com> wrote:
> | Checking for GNU C Library...
> | Shall I use /usr/bin/nm to extract C symbols from the libraries? [y]
>
> For some reason, you get a yes there instead of the normal:
> Checking for GNU C Library...
> Shall I use /usr/bin/nm to extract C symbols from the libraries? [n]
>
> What version of FreeBSD do you have ? What patches are you using ? What do
> you have in your make.conf ? What do you have in your environment.
>
> --
> Mathieu Arnold

Mathieu,

I apologize for not including the uname information earlier.  This error is occurring in
in my jail (ezjail).

The uname for both the host and jail is:

FreeBSD sl01.d.rootbsd.net 10.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE #0 r274401:
 Tue Nov 11 21:02:49 UTC 2014     root at releng1.nyi.freebsd.org:
/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

My make.conf is as follow:

WRKDIRPREFIX=           /var/ports
DISTDIR=                /var/ports/distfiles
PACKAGES=               /var/ports/packages
INDEXDIR=               /var/ports
#
# Additions by Scott Loga
#
WITH_BDB_VER=5
APACHE_PORT=www/apache24
OPTIONS_UNSET=X11

The latest updates on the host via freebsd-update have been applied as well as in the jails (via ezjail-admin update -u)

This jail is serving a single wordpress website.  Nothing special with my setup.

The Perl update was applied successfully on the host before it was attempted in the jail.  The update only fails in my jailed
environments.

If I can provide additional information, please don’t hesitate to ask.  I appreciate everyone’s help.

Rgs,

Scott