[new port candidate] security/p5-Crypt-Passwd-XS

olli hauer ohauer at gmx.de
Mon Nov 11 20:04:25 UTC 2013

I was reading the requirements for a new port candidate and in
this candidate the perl module Crypt-Passwd-XS is described.

Since we do not have Crypt-Passwd-XS in the tree but the module
looks interesting I've created a port for it (but I'm not interested
in maintaining Crypt-Passwd-XS)

http://people.freebsd.org/~ohauer/diffs/p5-Crypt-Passwd-XS.diff

pkg-descr:

Crypt::Passwd::XS - Full XS implementation of common crypt() algorithms

This module provides several common crypt() schemes as full XS
implementations.  It allows you to validate crypted passwords that were
hashed using a scheme that the system's native crypt() implementation
does not support.

The following files are adapted from other sources (primarily DragonFly BSD.)
See the copyright notices in these files for full details:

crypt_to64.c - copyright 1991 University of California
crypt_to64.h - copyright 1991 University of California
des.c - copyright 1994 David Burren, Geoffrey M. Rehmet, Mark R V Murray
md5.c - copyright 1999, 2000, 2002 Aladdin Enterprises
md5.h - copyright 1999, 2000, 2002 Aladdin Enterprises
md5crypt.c - copyright Poul-Henning Kamp
md5crypt.h - copyright Poul-Henning Kamp
sha256crypt.c - public domain reference implementation by Ulrich Drepper
sha512crypt.c - public domain reference implementation by Ulrich Drepper

WWW: http://search.cpan.org/dist/Crypt-Passwd-XS/

--
olli