p5-Email-Address woes

Mark Felder feld at freebsd.org
Mon Jul 22 21:15:00 UTC 2013

I have a report from a user that p5-Email-Address is broken again --
upstream has been releasing versions that cannot parse non-ASCII email
addresses.

Versions 1.894-5 were supposedly broken, possibly 1.898 now.

Here's some info from an RT mailing list entry about the last round of
breakage:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.bug-tracking.request-tracker.user/65302

This causes some major woes with RT users who get tickets/emails from
non-English users. We have RT at work so now I have to review logs and
see if we've been missing tickets :(

Is it possible a test-case could be made and used before committing
updates to this port in the future? Or should we just yell loudly at
upstream?

Thanks!