p5-Email-Address

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 12 09:00:48 UTC 2012

On 12/04/2012 09:02, pacija wrote:
> just to inform you, my rt-4 (request tracker) installation does not handle
> email properly with p5-Email-Address-1.89.4 currently in ports. In order to

Hmm... what exactly goes wrong?  I haven't run into any problems myself.

> fix this i installed the one from bsdpan (bsdpan-Email-Address-1.895). Now,
> portupgrades to rt-4 fail because it requests dependency. Is it possible
> that you update the port with newer version?

Yes, this is an unfortunate side effect of using the package name and
version for dependencies, rather than the existence of a particular
file.  It's a toss-up: using the package-name style of dependency means

   * You can use the package version to enforce using correct versions

   * You don't need to use SITE_PERL in the port's Makefile -- see

http://wiki.freebsd.org/PortsLongtermTargets?highlight=%28SITE_PERL%29#Use_of_SITE_PERL_in_dependencies

The downside is that

   * You have to use the ports to fulfil all dependencies.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.