[Custom LOCALBASE/PREFIX] net-mgmt/p5-SNMP - fails: makefile

Cezary Morga cm at therek.net
Wed Jul 15 16:29:55 UTC 2009

> I'll prepare an update and fill a PR afterwards. Given that both come
> from the same source I expect it to build against net-snmp without a hitch.

Given that net-snmp builds bundled Perl modules by default we have now
two options regarding net-mgmt/p5-SNMP: 1) disable Perl modules builds
in net-snmp and update p5-SNMP to 5.4.2.1 or 2) leave net-snmp as it is
and mark p5-SNMP DEPRECATED with comment 'p5-SNMP is built as a part of
net-mgmt/net-snmp now'. Personally, I'd opt for the latter.

The current version of p5-SNMP (4.2.7.1) depends on net-snmp4 which is
deprecated with expiration date 2009-07-01 (two weeks ago) so IMO
there's no need to keep it around either.

What do you think?

--
Cezary Morga
"Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand