FreeBSD ports which depend on ports currently scheduled for deletion

Steven Kreuzer skreuzer at exit2shell.com
Wed Aug 1 19:05:47 UTC 2007

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 10:24:34AM +0200, linimon at freebsd.org wrote:
> Affected port:
>
> portname:           devel/p5-File-HStore
> deprecated because:
> build errors:       none.
> overview:           http://portsmon.FreeBSD.org/portoverview.py?category=devel&portname=p5-File-HStore
>
> Expiring ports upon which this one depends:
>
> portname:           security/p5-Digest-SHA2
> deprecated because: Has numerious known bugs, deprecated in favor of
>                     Digest::SHA
> expiration date:    2007-09-10
> build errors:       none.
> overview:           http://portsmon.FreeBSD.org/portoverview.py?category=security&portname=p5-Digest-SHA2

I just removed p5-File-HStore's dependency on Digest::SHA2 and Digest::SHA1,
replacing it with Digest::SHA

I sent an email to the author of the module to see if he will update the module
on CPAN, and when I hear back from him, I will submit a PR with and update to
the port.

If I don't hear back from him, I will release the changes as a patch to the
port.

Can you maybe hold of a week on this port's removal?

Thanks

--
Steven Kreuzer
http://www.exit2shell.com/~skreuzer