FreeBSD on Amazon AWS EC2 long standing performance problems

Łukasz Wąsikowski lukasz at wasikowski.net
Sat Feb 6 12:07:29 UTC 2021

W dniu 2021-02-06 o 00:35, Mark Saad pisze:

> Also just a bit of advice; Contrary to popular belief   Amazon does not actually sell magic beans .

AWS has 32% market share. I don't know if they beans are magic or not,
but this is the biggest cloud today. If FreeBSD want to be on this
train, it has to perform at least as good as competitors. It's simply
matter of survival for this project.

In 2007 about 90% of my machines were running FreeBSD (30-40 servers).
Now I run FreeBSD on 9 boxes, and 130 is running Linux. And I'm not the
only one out there who was forced to do this transition.

--
Best regards,
Łukasz Wąsikowski