mfi driver performance too bad on LSI MegaRAID SAS 9260-8i
jasonzhang at cyphytech.com
Fri Jun 17 07:23:14 UTC 2016
I am working on storage service based on FreeBSD. I look forward to a good result because many professional storage company use FreeBSD as its OS. But I am disappointed with the Bad performance. I tested the the performance of LSI MegaRAID 9260-8i and had the following bad result:
1. Test environment:
(1) OS: FreeBSD 10.0 release
(2) Memory: 16G
(3) RAID adapter: LSI MegaRAID 9260-8i
(4) Disks: 9 SAS hard drives (10000 rpm), performance is expected for each hard drive
(5) Test tools: fio with io-depth=1, thread num is 32 and block size is 64k or 1M
(6) RAID configuration: RAID 5, stripe size is 1M
2. Test result:
(1) write performance too bad: 20Mbytes/s throughput and 200 random write IOPS
(2) read performance is expected: 700Mbytes/s throughput and 1500 random read IOPS
I tested the same hardware configuration with CentOS linux and Linux's write performance is 5 times better than FreeBSD.
Anyone encountered the same performance problem? Does the mfi driver have performance issue or I should give up on FreeBSD?
Cyphy Technology (Xiamen) Co.Ltd.
邮箱：jasonzhang at cyphytech.com
More information about the freebsd-performance