FreeBSD 9.1 vs CentOS 6.3

Daniel Bilik daniel.bilik at neosystem.cz
Sun Mar 24 19:58:50 UTC 2013

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 11:01:05 -0500
Adam Vande More <amvandemore at gmail.com> wrote:

> These are interesting results.  Did you try tuning any of the jemalloc
> options in /etc/malloc.conf?

No tuning, jemalloc was tested "out of the box" just for curiosity.

> I think increasing the number of arenas may help the contention, eg "ln
> -s 3N /etc/malloc.conf"

Luckily the test system is still running, so I could just apply suggested
tuning, restart mysqld with jemalloc and launch benchmark sets. Results
for read-only transactions are practically identical to previous ones.
Read-write transactions test is still running but from numbers for 1 to 16
threads I can tell there is some (very) small improvement and the results are
more stable.

--
						Daniel Bilik
						neosystem.cz