End of test sessions [Was Re: freebsd-performance Digest, Vol 119, Issue 9]

Carl Delsey carl at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 1 22:29:47 UTC 2013

On 03/31/13 14:52, Davide D'Amico wrote:

> Hi, thanks for your support and ideas but I have to stop my test
> sessions because I need to use my pair of servers in production (and
> very quickly, too), so at this moment they'll remain fbsd 9.1 :)

I figure I'll throw this out since you may still be able to check this
on a system in production, and it is easy to check.

I noticed in your dmesg output the lines "CPU supports Enhanced
Speedstep, but is not recognized." Are you running powerd? I wasn't on a
system and found that the CPU was defaulting to the lowest speed step
settings. I was seeing less than half the performance compared to Linux
on my performance tests.

Check the output of sysctl dev.cpu.0.freq and see if the reported
frequency is what it should be for your processor (2500). If not, just
enabling powerd may solve your problem.

Thanks,
Carl