sysutils/sge6[012]: Sun Grid Engine - still broklen due to utmpx?

Brooks Davis brooks at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 23 16:28:46 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 10:58:33AM -0500, Brooks Davis wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 09:04:49AM +0200, Hartmann, O. wrote:
> > I was wondering if the SUN Grid Engine, located in port
> > sysutils/sge6[012] is still broken due to utmpx.
> >
> > My department uses this GRID engine on Linux and since a long time I
> > wish to use it also on FreeBSD.
>
> I've not had a decent 9.0 system available until quite recently and haven't
> had as much time as I'd like for FreeBSD HPC stuff lately.  I'm taking a
> look at it today.  It looks like I should be able to get it fixed, but
> ancient version of tcsh that is failing to compile is really annoying to
> patch for utmpx.

I've committed a fix to the sge62 port.  Assuming the change makes it
through some testing without me acquiring more pointyhats I'll add it to
the older ones next week.

-- Brooks