Phoronix comparision of HAMMER, UFS, ZFS, EXT3, EXT4, Btrfs

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Fri Jan 7 11:58:39 UTC 2011

Another filesystem benchmark from Phoronix. This time comparing HAMMER,
UFS, ZFS, EXT3, EXT4 and Btrfs on DragonFly BSD, PC-BSD and Ubuntu.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=dragonfly_hammer

I think it is almost useless test if systems were crippled to UP,
because of bad SMP performance of DragonFly BSD.

citation: "...the SMP performance under our setup was actually much
slower than with its UP kernel. As a result, we used the stock
DragonFlyBSD UP kernel and when benchmarking PC-BSD and Ubuntu we
disabled the SMP support there."

Miroslav Lachman