Benchmark (Phoronix): FreeBSD 9.0-RC2 vs. Oracle Linux 6.1 Server

Tony McC afmcc at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 23 14:20:59 UTC 2011

On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 02:05:38 +0100
"O. Hartmann" <ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Yes, and it is legitime to question that and bring pro and contra for
> that decission. But since "FreeBSD" is obviously a small club of
> people sitting like a duck on eggs (and, by the way, not their own
> genuine invented eggs, more or less reingeneered eggs), those
> decissions get more obscure than they seem to be anyway.

Dear OH,

I am not sure why you feel the need to badmouth the FreeBSD community
here.  Genuinely puzzled.  At first you seemed to be a user of FreeBSD
who had a specific area to work where Linux seemed to promise better
performance.  But as the thread has gone on, your initial concerns seem
to have dissolved into vague accusations and snide asides.  I don't
think that is going to help you, especially as it is very unclear now
what helping you would even mean.  Nevertheless, have a good Christmas
and a productive New Year, whatever OS you use.

Tony