http://www.freebsd.org/marketing/os-comparison.html

Paul Ambrose ambrosehua at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 14:13:23 UTC 2011

I do not believe the current status of DTrace is appropriate for promoting

1. DTrace is an experimental function  or Semi-finished products. The kernel
dtrace support is ok, but the userland support is far from completion(at
least the pid  provider has many bugs)

2  the FreeBSD implementation is different from Solaris/Mac OS X. The
DTraceToolkit, which has many amazing feature, can not 100% works on
FreeBSD, and there is no doc to identify the difference.

3 There is a missing feature list about DTrace, but no schedule list about
when to fix it.