TTY task group scheduling

Bruce Cran bruce at cran.org.uk
Fri Nov 19 10:02:09 UTC 2010

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 11:50:49 +0200
Andriy Gapon <avg at freebsd.org> wrote:

> So, what was it a problem with scheduler or with, e.g., "something X"
> being too slow rendering glyphs?  Who can tell...

There are too many components involved when running the Linux
benchmark of running a build to know the scheduler is at fault. However
the slowdown did still exist when I minimized the window. I've at least
found that the FreeBSD schedulers can scale much better than Linux: you
can have a load of 100 or more before the system becomes unusable
whereas people are amazed to see loads of more than 15 on Linux.

--
Bruce Cran