Possible evidence of performance regression for 8.1-S (vs. 7.1)

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Sun Nov 7 20:47:11 UTC 2010

I have compiled the data I have so far, and placed it, as well as
ministat(1) plots and graphs (boxplots) generated with the R language.

All of this is available at
<http://www.catwhisker.org/~david/FreeBSD/perf/>.

In addition to the real time & CPU times, the above-referenced data
inclue all of the other data generated bu "/usr/bin/time -l".

The singularly frustrating thing about this is that the other resource
measurements generally indicate that we should see better performance
from 8.1-S than from 7.1-R -- but the actual wall-clock times tell a
markedly different story.

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.