Intel 82599 with non-Intel SFP+'s?

Jack Vogel jfvogel at gmail.com
Tue May 11 17:29:47 UTC 2010

Intel can only support a finite set of hardware, it is NOT a matter of it
being some "Intel" part, its
a matter of some SFPs that are out there DO NOT WORK, so engineering here
was able to
delimit, validate, and thus certify a specific set of SFPs, the software
check is there to make
sure that you use something we can know works.

Jack