FreeBSD 8.0 ixgbe Poor Performance

Jack Vogel jfvogel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 20:53:23 UTC 2010

Use my new driver and it will tell you when it comes up with the slot speed
is,
and if its substandard it will SQUAWK loudly at you :)

I think the S5000PAL only has Gen1 PCIE slots which is going to limit you
somewhat. Would recommend a current generation (x58 or 5520 chipset)
system if you want the full benefit of 10G.

BTW, you dont way what adapter, 82598 or 82599, you are using?

Jack