filesystem performance

Anthony Pankov ap00 at mail.ru
Wed May 6 09:50:04 UTC 2009

Hello Mark,

May i ask a question while more expierenced people is waking up?

I don't fully understand the target. For what filesystem should be
optimized?

I expect a patterns of recorded IO calls when pgsql perform typical
operations with statistics and in-depth analysis.

Are you sure there is à strong relation between fio benchmark result and
PostgreSQL performance?

--
Best regards,
 Anthony                            mailto:ap00 at mail.ru