improving Samba performance

Jyun-Yi Liou 7yuny1 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 19:25:50 UTC 2008

hi Mike,

In my experience, you should set "use sendfile = yes" and "socket options =
SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192 TCP_NODELAY" in /usr/local/etc/smb.conf

expecially sendfile system call and TCP_NODELAY,
these will let your samba transmits file or response faster.

please read smb.conf(5) and sendfile(2) for more information

Regards,
jyuny1