V7 High CPU Usage on swi5:+, what is this process?

Aminuddin Abdullah amin.scg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 09:24:50 UTC 2008

I have just upgraded 5 of my machines to V7 from 6.3 and then realized that
all the machines has a high CPU usage. Almost all of them using 80%-90% CPU
with more than 8000 connections. Using previous 6.3, it only uses 40-50% CPU
with the same kind of connections.

Using top -S, I can see that swi5: +, PID 17 process is using 30% of CPU
time. What is this process?

All the machines are Intel C2D 6300 except one which is a AMD 4000+.

Is this normal for V7? How do I downgrade to 6.3 if this V7 killing the CPU?

TIA