rrdtool / mtr causing stalling on 7.0

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Sun Mar 16 14:36:31 UTC 2008

Hi Kris I was wondering if you would be so kind as to take a look
at the results below to see if they highlight anything that might be the
cause of this performance issue.

I've raised this on the rrdtool list and quite a few people seem able to
run 10* the amount of updates on none FreeBSD systems without these
disruptive system wide stalls.

Given this and the statement on one of your papers saying you would be
interested in any loads that don't run well FreeBSD I hoped you might be
able to have a look at this and provide us with areas to focus on.

    Regards
    Steve