FreeBSD bind performance in FreeBSD 7

Chris chrcoluk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 02:21:00 UTC 2008

On 01/03/2008, Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 01/03/2008, Chris <chrcoluk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > You working round what I just said.  A nic should perform equally well
> >  as it does in other operating systems just because its cheaper its not
> >  an excuse for buggy performance.  There is also other good network
> >  cards apart from intel pro 1000.  I am talking about stability not
> >  performance, I expect a intel pro 1000 to outperform a realtek however
> >  I expect both to be stable in terms of connectivity.  I expect a
> >  realtek in freebsd to perform as well as a realtek in windows and
> >  linux. :)
>
> Patches please!
>

> Adrian
>

> --
> Adrian Chadd - adrian at freebsd.org

Ironically the latest server I got last night has a intel pro 1000 a rarity :)

I am just giving feedback as when I speak to people in the datacentre
and hosting business the biggest gripe with freebsd is hardware
compatability, as I adore freebsd I ignore this and work round it but
its defenitly reducing take up.

Of course I know current re issues are getting attention which I am
thankful for, I fully understand the time and effort required to write
drivers patches etc. and have got no critisicms for the people who do
this my complaint is more focused on people claiming there is no
issues its just the hardware.

Thanks

Chris