mysql scaling questions

Gergely CZUCZY phoemix at harmless.hu
Thu Jan 3 14:08:05 PST 2008

On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 10:52:39PM +0100, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> Gergely CZUCZY wrote:
>
> >>* Compare to my config file here:
> >>
> >>http://people.freebsd.org/~kris/scaling/my.cnf
> >>
> >>The default mysql config has very poor performance for innodb (you need at least innodb_thread_concurrency = 0 to disable some mysql
> >>brain-death).  Maybe tuning is required for myisam also.
> >>
> >>* Also make sure you are using identical config settings on the two systems.
> >http://phoemix.harmless.hu/mysql/ verify yourself. Only the paths are
> >updated, but the main parameters are just the same.
>
> You are not in fact using the same config parameters as I am.  When I use your config file I see a large performance loss when I run
> locally even with innodb.
Well, I nowhere said that I'm using the same config as you did. In fact, I said
I was using the config from the production system we've got, and what were
the differences in the config between the FreeBSD and the Linux systems.

As soon as I have the time, I will make a diff and make some adjustments and
new results with the updated config. We will see where this gets :)

Thanks for the note on this.

Sincerely,

Gergely Czuczy
mailto: gergely.czuczy at harmless.hu

--
Weenies test. Geniuses solve problems that arise.