Upgrade from 6.3 to 7.0: Result ->Shared object not found :)

Kris Kennaway kris at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 29 15:11:16 UTC 2008

Noisex wrote:
> Kris, as i said, i made portupgrade -faP ...and in update process i saw that
> many ports upgraded. I don't why old version become as current version. Now
> i've installed compat6x (thanx Stefan Lambrev) -> it's works...but anyway
> now i will try fix pkgdb and reinstall all necessary ports.

The unspoken part of running portupgrade -faP is checking the output
summary to verify that it completed correctly.

Did you confirm that no packages failed to rebuild?  I'm really not
seeing how portupgrade could have rebuilt it successfully and yet it was
still the old 6.x version.

Kris