7.0 CPU and Memory Performance

Tim Traver tt-list at simplenet.com
Wed Aug 13 17:48:53 UTC 2008

Kris Kennaway wrote:
> Tim Traver wrote:
>
>> Is there anything that I can do on this latest 7.0 box that might be
>> useful information???
>
> Someone will need to repeat this under controlled conditions.  It's
> quite a surprising result.
>
> Kris
Kris,

If you can outline a procedure for me, I might be able to do these tests
for you, as I still have the 5.4 disk available.

Couple of things though...I'm not sure what code base the 5.4 box had on
it...I could maybe update the src and recompile the kernel.

I would probably have to have someone else take a look at exactly what
ubench is doing, and if it is indeed a test that makes sense to
use...anyone?

Once I am finished, I would assume you would need things like dmesg
output, the compiling conf parameters, etc...tell me what would be good...

If this is not controlled enough, then you might have to have one of the
performance team do it I guess...

Let me know,

Tim.