System perforamance 4.x vs. 5.x and 6.x

Andre Albsmeier Andre.Albsmeier at siemens.com
Fri Apr 25 13:56:11 UTC 2008

On Tue, 22-Apr-2008 at 18:34:30 +0200, Andre Albsmeier wrote:
> On Tue, 22-Apr-2008 at 14:54:07 +0300, Kostik Belousov wrote:

> > > I tried to apply this patch to recent RELENG_6 sources
> > > but it failed at a lot of places. I think this is due to
> > > changes to the tree after the above patch was made.
> > >
> > > Is there any newer patch available or is it possible to make
> > > one which applies to recent RELENG_6 sources?
> >
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~kib/quotagiant/quotas-RELENG_6-20080422-1000.patch

I have this patch now running on a

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (3001.18-MHz 686-class CPU)

machine. I have attached two 10k SCSI drives to an AIC7902
controller. These two drives have quotas enabled and are
constantly copying 77GB of data stored in ~210000 files to
each other. I use about 75 different user and group IDs with
these files.

I haven't had any problem the last 6 hours. The machine runs
rocksolid and the quota values are correct. So, from my point
of view I'd say that the patch works great!

Thanks a lot for the nice work,

	-Andre