max-cache-size doesn't work with 9.5.0b1

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Fri Apr 4 17:12:01 UTC 2008

At Fri, 04 Apr 2008 16:34:42 +0200,
Attila Nagy <bra at fsn.hu> wrote:

> No effect, the process grows happily. I don't have a core dump.

Hmm, sorry, then I have no further idea of chasing the problem.  A few
points that may help:
- can you show the diff you applied to bin/named/main.c when you added
  the malloc_options?
- regarding the core dump, you may have to set the
  "kern.sugid_coredump" sysctl variable to 1, and make sure that then
  directly where named resides (which should be under /etc/bind/ with
  your config) is writable for the uid of the process.  Or, simply run
  named as a root without specifying -u for the debugging purpose.
- is it possible for me to get access to the test machine, or to get
  the query pattern so that I can reproduce the problem by myself?  As
  I stated before, I tried to reproduce it with my box that has the
  similar system environment, but I failed to see the problem.

Thanks,

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.