dbus-daemon using 100% of cpu on xfce4 & 6.2

Norberto Meijome beto at octantis.com.au
Sun Sep 2 05:59:17 PDT 2007

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 15:04:47 -0400
Charlie <cdubfx at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am fairly new to xfce, and googling the issue hasn't helped me out. Any
> ideas? How can I fix dbus so it doesn't use so much CPU, or how can I
> disable it completely? I know it is used for inter-application
> communication, but I'm not entirely sure I need it (I don't see any adverse
> effects when I kill it manually).

Hi Charlie,
(I think this should really go to questions at ... but maybe i'm wrong)
I run dbus, hald and XFCE4 on 6.2 STABLE (have been for a while). I haven't seen any of the problems you describe.

My relevant rc.conf bits are :
----
# Hardware Abstraction Layer
## supported by XFCE 4.4 and Thunar
hald_enable="YES"
polkitd_enable="YES"
dbus_enable="YES"
-----

You can change them to NO and they'll be disabled in the next boot.

Any messages in ~/.xsession-errors ? or /var/log/messages ?

Norberto Meijome
Octantis Pty Ltd

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that
every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
   Oscar Wilde

NOTICE: The contents of this email and its attachments are confidential and intended only for the individuals or entities named above. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply email and immediately delete the message and any attachments without using, copying or disclosing the contents. Thank you.