Myrinet 10GE performance on 7.0-CURRENT

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Fri Oct 12 06:01:10 PDT 2007

On 12/10/2007, Petr Holub <hopet at ics.muni.cz> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as promised and following your suggestions, I've re-run those performance
> tests, included TCP and pps information and put the results here:
> http://arwen.ics.muni.cz/~hopet/FreeBSD/7.0-netperf/
>
> There's still quite a lot of things to do, however I hope you find
> it useful as of now. I send an update when I find some time to
> proceed with the measurements.

Thanks for that. So its showing ~ 600k pps throughput. I'd love to
know whats setting that upper limit - is it iperf? Userspace?
Interrupt thread/device driver? Other kernel stuff?

This is just a curiousity for me at the moment. I hear people
occasionally using 10GE cards in Linux/FreeBSD setups as routers and
I'm interested in how the degenerate case performs.

Adrian Chadd - adrian at freebsd.org