ULE vs. 4BSD in RELENG_7

Josh Carroll josh.carroll at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 13:00:05 PST 2007

> Try the /usr/src/tools/tools/ministat utility for a simple and effective
> way to compare these kinds of noisy measurements and extract reliable
> comparisons.

Thanks again for the suggestion, Kris!

I compiled results for 5 runs of the three benchmarks I've been using
(ffmpeg, sysbench(mysql), and buildworld). I re-ran all tests under
idle conditions for the three scheduler configurations, and I put the
results up here:

http://pflog.net/~floyd/uletesting

I figured it'd be easier to view them separately there. For any future
patches/tests, I'll re-run ministat and update the results (or, I can
just use 4bsd as a reference, please let me know which you'd prefer
Jeff).

These ministat results show that the latest patch (alone) results in
slightly worse performance for ffmpeg and buildworld, but slightly
better results for sysbench.

Thanks!
Josh