postgresql benchmarking

Edwin Mons freebsd at edwinm.ik.nu
Wed Mar 14 18:41:47 UTC 2007

Angelo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can somebody give more information about this update_process_titles
> setting?
> I suppose there is a mispell and Google is not really helping with 3
> results
> in Polish!
>
> Thanks,
> Angelo
Read my previous post: it's called update_process_title, and according
to Kris it was a compiletime-option until 8.1 or 8.2, when it became a
configurational option in postgresql.conf.

If you check the manual on the PostgreSQL page, you'll find the option
there in the 8.2 version and up, but not before that one:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/runtime-config-statistics.html

If you check the release notes of 8.2, you'll find it's officially
listed as a new feature in 8.2:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/release-8-2.html

Kind regards,
Edwin Mons